Squamish is a beautiful ocean-side community and a wonderful place to live, work and play. Here are some helpful links to guide you in your quest to loving life in Squamish!
Here are “7 Reasons to Love Squamish”
by Squamish Chamber of Commerce
READ ARTICLE HERE
- District of Squamish – tips and resources for living in Squamish.
- Sea to Sky Community Services – a local resource with services such as the Food Bank, Housing Services, Counselling, Child Care and more.
- The Squamish Public Library – free access to computers, internet and local newspapers.
- Squamish Chamber of Commerce – business directories, training courses and local resources.
- Get Bear Smart Society – tips and resources for living in bear country
- Squamish Adventure Guide – guide to Squamish adventures, dining, accommodation and transportation.
- Squamish Transit – bus schedules & rider info.
- Squamish Adventure Centre & Tourism Squamish – official visitor website and info centre by Tourism Squamish
- Pique Newsmagazine – published Thursdays with an extensive long-term accommodation classifieds
- Squamish Chief Classifieds – published Tuesdays with accommodation listings.
- Craigslist/Squamish – Squamish housing classifieds published daily *also has Whistler and Pemberton options
- Affordable Housing Info from the District of Squamish – tips and info including details about the Affordable Rental Housing Project.
- Squamish Housing Rentals for Locals – Facebook group where locals with rooms or condos to rent often post them. You can also post a ‘room needed’ request when you are on the hunt.
- Squamish Personnel’s Job Board – regular job postings from WPS and local businesses
- Facebook/SquamishJobs – frequent temp and career opportunities postings
- Instagram/SquamishJobs – frequent career and temp job alerts
- Twitter/SquamishJobs – frequent temp and career opportunity tweets
- Serving it Right Online Course – required by all servers and managers in licensed restaurants and bars.
- FoodSafe Go2HR distance ed course or Foodsafe Open School BC online course– required by kitchen staff in BC
- Employment Standards – labour laws and workplace standards for Squamish and all of BC
- Canada.ca – information about Canada’s labour and workplace standards , taxes, passports
IMMIGRATION AND WORK PERMIT RESOURCES
- Work in Canada – a Government of Canada site with information on traveling and working in Canada.
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada – apply to visit, study, work or immigrate to Canada.
- Travel.gc.ca – a list of Canadian Embassies and Consulates abroad.
- GoAbroad.com – a list of foreign Embassies and Consulates in Canada.
I am from Philippines, I am not legally worker in Canada but I want to apply for the job you’ve been posting. How can I get a work permit?
In order to consider you for the jobs we have posted on this site, you must already have a valid work permit. Here’s a link to some resources that can help you acquire one: http://squamish-jobs.com/helpful-squamish-links/#workpermits. Once you recieved a work permit and know you general arrival date in the area you are welcome to apply with us so that we can help you find work.
Thanks for the question and all the best, Squamish Personnel