We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic retail professional to join a local organic grocery store in the heart of Squamish. This is an integral position, presenting customers with the best quality and selection of natural and organic produce in the Sea to Sky. Also offering healthy take away snacks, meals, smoothies and coffees from their in-store kitchen. The perfect candidate has a grocery retail background and exceptional customer service orientations.
About the Role:
- Full-time, long term, career position.
- Flexible schedule, supportive of a balanced lifestyle.
- Some availability for evenings and weekend is required.
- Salary based on experience in the range of $23-$28/h.
- Free staff meals on duty.
- In store discounts.
- Growth potential into a management role for the right candidate.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Previous grocery retail experience of at least 1 year.
- Candidates from a kitchen back ground are also welcome to apply.
- Knowledge of safe food handling and (perishable) inventory management is a significant advantage.
- Customer service experience is desirable.
- Basic computer skills: email, MS word and POS terminal operation.
- High attention to detail, proactive and able to prioritize tasks.
- Superior customer service and communication skills.
- Self motivated and the ability to work independently.
- Able to occasionally lift items of up to 50 lbs.
- An interest to grow with the position with increasing responsibilities.
- Daily store operations, opening and closing procedures.
- Cashier duties, cash handling and reconciliation.
- Interaction and communication with customers.
- Maintaining a clean and well stocked store.
- Additional duties as required such as: Merchandising, promotional signage, ordering/receiving, sampling and quality control.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.squamish-jobs.com/apply
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194.
We are your partners through the next step in your career!
To apply for this job please visit www.squamish-jobs.com.