“Need a ride? Just Whistle!” The first licensed ride-sharing company in BC has launched in Whistler and Tofino and will soon be launching in Squamish and Pemberton. We couldn’t be more excited to be working with them!
Please visit your app store of choice (below) if you wish to download the app.
NOW HIRING DRIVERS!
We are currently looking for drivers to join this BC owned and operated company. Fear not if you don’t yet tick all the boxes, all applicants are welcome to apply and Whistle! can help you get up and running! Even if you do not have your own wheels, there is a handy rental fleet available. Read on!
About the Role:
- Design your own schedule to fit around your other commitments.
- Drivers will retain 70% of the fare. (30% commission to Whistle).
- Drivers will be paid weekly by direct deposit.
- This is a contract position, no taxes are taken from earnings.
- Bonus if you can bring a Hybrid or Electric vehicle to the table, you will get some extra Whistle! love!
For our launch drivers, Whistle! will cover the following expenses to get you up and running:
- Free Vehicle Inspection ($100 value).
- First $1,500 earned is commission free ($450 value), this applies to the first 30 days after your first fare.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Preference to those with a valid class 1, 2 or 4 driver’s license.
- Candidates interested in obtaining their Class 4 are also encouraged to apply and to visit the ICBC website.
- Be 19 years of age or older.
- Provide a copy of your ICBC driving record.
- Able to provide a Police Record Check
- Own a vehicle that is less than 10 years and 1 month old.
- For the right candidates, a fleet of vehicles are available to rent.
- Pass a vehicle inspection performed by a designated facility.
- Provide your own smart phone.
- Have great customer service skills.
- Safe transportation of customers between destinations.
- Perform pre-trip inspections.
- Provide a polite and friendly travel environment.
- Maintain vehicle safety, appearance and cleanliness.
- Be an awesome ambassador for Whistle!
HOW TO APPLY:
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file (you only have to do this once): squamish-jobs.com/apply
- If you have already submitted your Resume to us, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org about positions you wish to apply for. You do not need to submit your resume again.
- PLEASE do not contact Whistle! directly. Candidates must apply through Squamish Personnel to be considered.
Qualified applications received for this role will immediately be forwarded to the hiring team at Whistle! Those chosen for interviews will be contacted directly.
**IMPORTANT** By applying for this role, you are agreeing to allow Squamish Personnel Solutions to represent you to our client. Please do us and them the courtesy of replying to any emails or calls that you receive promptly and professionally even if you are no longer interested in the role.