COVID-19 UPDATE: WE ARE STILL HIRING AND ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
One of the corridor’s favourite organic grocery stores is looking for an experienced Team Leader and Cashier to join their team in Squamish. This is a key position, presenting customers with the best quality and selection of natural and organic produce in the Sea to Sky. Also offering healthy take away snacks, meals, smoothies and coffees from their in-store kitchen. The perfect candidate has a grocery retail background and exceptional customer service orientations.
About the Role:
- This is a full-time, long term position.
- Must be available for some evenings and weekends.
- Flexible schedule that offers opportunity for a balanced lifestyle.
- Competitive salary based on experience ($18-$30/h).
- Free staff meals on duty.
- In store discounts.
- Excellent growth potential for those interested in learning the business.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Previous grocery retail experience of at least 1 year.
- Customer service experience is desirable.
- Basic computer skills: email, MS word and POS terminal operation.
- High attention to detail, proactive and able to prioritize tasks.
- Superior customer service and communication skills.
- Self motivated and the ability to work independently.
- Able to occasionally lift items of up to 50 lbs.
- An interest to grow with the position and take on new duties.
- Daily store operations, opening and closing procedures.
- Cashier duties, cash handling and reconciliation.
- Interaction and communication with customers.
- Maintaining a clean and well stocked store.
- Additional duties as required such as: Merchandising, promotional signage, ordering/receiving, sampling and quality control.
How to Apply:
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.squamish-jobs.com.