Website Squamish Personnel
- An industry leader for over 30 years!
Join Horizon Contracting Group in Squamish, the award-winning landscape construction & maintenance company that keeps on growing!
If you want to work with other outdoor enthusiasts, enjoy all the sun the season has to offer while growing your skillset, please do not hesitate to apply. Offering an excellent schedule, a fantastic management team, a wage based on experience with room for growth and much more.
- Position starting immediately until the end of November or if you’re looking for year-round there’s opportunities during the winter months as well.
- Monday – Friday schedule from 7:30am – 3:30pm.
- Alternative schedule may be available for right candidate.
- Wage starting in the range of $27-$29/hour PLUS phone allowance or company phone, profit share opportunities, company vehicle & iPad.
- Fantastic bi-annual team events include ski days, fishing, BBQs and more.
- Company dedication to continued learning. Education allowance can be discussed for those interested in obtaining further certification.
- A welcoming culture of fun, youthful, outdoorsy people who love to work and play in Squamish with returning staff year after year.
The Perfect Landscape Maintenance Supervisor:
- Post-secondary education in the field of Horticulture is an asset.
- 1 year of relevant experience in an outdoor, labour intensive role is an asset.
- Strong leadership skills with confidence to coach maintenance crew.
- Exceptional customer service skills with strong problem solving experience.
- Knowledge of local plant life an asset.
- Physically able to lift weight in excess of 50 lbs including bending, crouching, twisting, and standing/walking for long periods of time.
- Positive, professional attitude with a clean Class 5 BC Driver’s License is required.
- Supervising the maintenance crew in completing assigned tasks on job sites including the use of landscape maintenance tools & machinery.
- Act as a Company ambassador whenever in uniform being courteous to the general public.
- Maintenance & inspection of equipment as required.
- Participate in safety related meetings (toolbox talks) and wear correct Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- On site tasks include lawn maintenance and garden care such as weeding, pruning, raking, cultivating, etc.
- This position is 100% outside. Individuals will be subject to varied weather including extreme heat and cold, rain and snow. Individuals are encouraged to wear layers and sunscreen when required.
Come Live, Work and Play in Squamish with us!
Applying is Easy!
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.squamish-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.squamish-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date. Click here for some resources.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.