COVID-19 UPDATE: WE ARE STILL HIRING AND ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join Harajuku Izakaya, Ohyama Ramen and Fuji Market in Whistler. A pivotal role to ensure the smooth daily operations of their casual Japanese restaurants and sushi take out. This team is in need of an individual with strong management skills to execute high-quality meals in its busy kitchen. The perfect candidate will have at least 3 years of experience with Japanese-style cuisine in a similar role and polished leadership and communication skills.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round, must be available evenings and weekends.
- Flexible schedule that offers opportunity for a balanced lifestyle.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Typical restaurant perks, staff meals and discounts plus a super-fun team work environment.
- The possibility for short-term rental accommodation for out of town applicants.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Preference for bi-lingual candidates, Japanese and English.
- Experience working in a Japanese cuisine environment.
- At least 3 years managing a professional kitchen.
- Good leadership skills and organization skills are most important.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong understanding of portion, menu and cost controls.
- Hands on day-to-day operation of a very fast-paced kitchen and its staff.
- Working alongside the management team to continue to grow and improve the business.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head Chef is responsible for executing kitchen duties in a timely manner.
- Ensures administrative tasks are completed on time and properly.
- Maintains food cost and manages inventory.
- Manages the back of house labour targets and scheduling.
- Creates and maintains restaurants culture and atmosphere.
- Upholds our Food Service Standards
- Ensures policy and procedures are trained and followed.
- Manages kitchen repair and maintenance issues.
How to Apply:
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.squamish-jobs.com/apply
- Please take a moment to complete our Summary of Qualifications for your application.
- Once you have created a profile, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little about why you’d like this job.
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.squamish-jobs.com.