A new residential development in Squamish has just broken ground and requires a full-time level 2 First Aid Attendant / Carpenter for the duration of the project. This key roll will ensure the safety of all workers and contractors on site while helping with the build. Full-time permanent position with a well-established and growing builder from Vancouver. Offering a competitive wage, extended health benefits and an RSP matching plan.
About the Job:
- Full-time, 5 days a week for 18 months or longer.
- Opportunity to grow and learn with a great company.
- Position is a combination of First Aid Attendant (primarily) and Carpenter (secondary).
- Successful Construction Company with jobs all over lower mainland and BC.
- Competitive wages starting in the range of $25-$28/hr plus 4% vacation pay and 2% RSP match with room for growth or negotiation based on skills.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Minimum Level 2 First Aid Certification plus general carpentry skills.
- Minimum of 2 years experience on a construction site in any position.
- Eager to learn and pitch in where needed.
- Confident when enforcing site safety and Covid19 protocols on a job site in a positive and constructive way.
- Able to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with team mates.
- Must be competent with a variety of hand and power tools.
- Hard-working and team-oriented.
- Valid driver’s license required and own vehicle is beneficial.
- Working on a mixed-use construction site in Squamish.
- Implementing site safety protocols consistent with company and WorkSafe BC standards.
- Ensuring work crew consistently follow safety protocols on a daily basis including health checks, physical distancing and masking up when necessary.
- Site liaison with WorkSafe BC and public health inspectors and representatives.
- Daily site inspections, handling any incidents requiring first aid.
- Completing incident, health check and site inspection reports.
- Working with the crew to ensure the site and workers are safe.
- General labour and carpentry duties as required.
- Contributing to a positive and productive job site.
Applying is Easy!
- Complete a professional profile outlining your desired position, minimum salary expectations and preferred schedule here: www.squamish-jobs.com/apply (you only need to do this once)
- If you have created a profile with us already or have questions about this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 398 4977 ext 1 .
Squamish Personnel’s career placement services are FREE to candidates – there are no fees, no strings and no commitments required.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call 604-398-4977 ext1.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.