Our client is a busy local contractor with projects dotted throughout the Sea to Sky region. We are currently seeking Carpenters, Carpenter’s Helpers & general labourers based in Squamish, Whistler and Pemberton. Ideal for experienced trades people with their own vehicle looking for full time work with a great crew!
About the Role:
- Temporary, part time and full time roles available
- Wages are based on experience, in the range of $25-$39/h for Experienced Carpenters, $20-$25/h Carpenter’s Helpers, $18/h labourers.
- Job sites vary throughout the sea to sky region.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Previous experience as a carpenter / carpenter’s helper / labourer.
- Solid ability to use tools, practice worksite safety and work with minimal supervision.
- Friendly and helpful attitude, able to take ownership of tasks.
- Hard working team player who will pitch in where needed to get the job done.
- Physically capable and able to work all day on the move, hauling materials and heavy loads.
- Be neat in appearance and workmanship.
- Be knowledgeable and able to implement safety procedures according to company and WorkSafeBC guidelines.
- Must have valid driver’s license and transportation to the site.
- Must have own steel toed boots, work belt, safety glasses and ear protection plus basic hand tools.
Duties / Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting with the basic construction of residential and commercial projects.
- Read plans and specifications to determine the materials required, dimensions and installation processes.
- Build floors and wall frameworks and roof structures.
- Construct form work into which concrete is poured.
- Includes carpentry, framing, rough-ins, finishing work, siding, demolitions, shop work, installations, using tools and equipment.
- Erect temporary structures to facilitate construction of buildings.
- Install windows, sashes and doors.
- Cut materials with hand and power tools, and assemble or nail, cut and shape parts.
- Instructing and supervising carpenter assistants and labourers (Carpenter).
- Assisting with manual labour and general construction duties as required.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe worksite.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.squamish-jobs.com/create-profile/
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience and why you would make a great candidate for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com.