Earn top $$ wages picking up shifts for $18-$37/hr as part of Squamish Personnel’s Temp Worker program .
Now that travellers are welcome back to the Sea to Sky, we have plenty of shifts available every day ~ which allows you to design the perfect summer schedule! Flexibility at it’s finest….
Perhaps you’re looking for supplemental income? Filling in time? Between gigs? Have one day, one week or one month to spare? Enjoy variety and flexibility?
We can connect you with top employers in Squamish and Whistler and provide work that suits your skills, lifestyle and schedule.
Squamish Personnel has regular temp job opportunities for administrators, housekeepers, labourers, carpenters, painters, servers, bartenders and more. It’s a perfect side hustle!
Submit your details to us including the type of work you want, the times and days you are available and the pay you require and we’ll notify you each time something suitable comes up.
Squamish Personnel uses a progressive pay system that awards pay increases based on number of Successful Shifts completed. The more you work with us, the more you get paid per hour!
- Tier 1 = $18/hr to start plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 2 = $19/hr after 5 successful shifts plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 3 = $20/hr after 10 successful shifts plus 4% vacation pay
- EARN AN EXTRA $4-$20/hr for skilled positions such as Carpenters, Bookkeepers, First Aid Attendants and more.
Plus we offer lots of extra BONUSES:
- PLUS EXTRA $2-$4/HR for Last Minute SUPERHERO BONUSES
- PLUS EXTRA $2/HR for Labourers with STEEL TOED BOOTS
- PLUS EXTRA $2/HR HOLIDAY BONUS on long weekends & holidays
- PLUS EXTRA $2/HR for SUPERCLEANERS with at least 3 months prior hotel housekeeping experience.
- PLUS EXTRA $2/HR GRAVEYARD BONUS for night cleaners (shifts that start after 10:30pm)
Successful Shifts = be on time, work hard and make our clients happy. These can be in any temp position with Squamish Personnel.
PLUS ENJOY LOTS OF SUMMER REWARDS!
AND we are also going to be REWARDING the temp employee on our crew who successfully completes the most shifts for us between July1 and Sept30 with a FREE SEASONS PASS AT WB! ~ or $1000 cash if skiing isn’t your thing!
PLUS we are going to be GIVING AWAY a 2nd SEASONS PASS or a $1000 CASH PRIZE to another lucky WPS employee in a draw on November 1st! Each shift you work for WPS between July1-Nov1 gets you 1 ballot to the draw, so the more you work, the better your chances of WINNING will be.
AND FINALLY, we are introducing REFERRAL REWARDS of $20 per new WPS TEMP EMPLOYEE that you refer to the program who works at least 10 shifts with us this summer. Please invite your friends, roommates, coworkers and neighbours to join our team. We need all of the help we can get!!
* Check it all out here: www.whistler-jobs.com/rewards/
EXAMPLES OF WORK ASSIGNMENTS AVAILABLE:
General Labour / Construction Trades
- DUTIES INCLUDE: Assisting with construction, demolitions and renovations at job sites including homes, restaurants and hotels. Includes moving materials, manual labour, basic construction duties, cleaning up debris and pitching in where needed.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Prior construction experience is beneficial. Physically fit, mobile, able to lift heavy loads (up to 40lbs) and able to work on your feet for the duration of shift. Friendly, hard-working and happy to pitch in where needed.
- REQUIRES STEEL TOED BOOTS and work gloves.
Reception / Office Admin
- DUTIES INCLUDE: General reception, answering, managing and directing phone calls and emails, greeting clients and answering inquiries. Opening and closing the office.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: General reception experience with a professional, outgoing and warm demeanor. Strong communication and organization skills.
Landscaping / Yard Maintenance Crew
- DUTIES INCLUDE: General landscaping, year maintenance and gardening duties including removal of debris and some heavy lifting. Pitching in where needed. Involves outdoor work in a variety of weather conditions.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Prior landscaping or general labour experience beneficial but not required. Physically fit, mobile, able to lift heavy loads (up to 40lbs) and able to work on your feet for the duration of shift. Friendly, hard-working and happy to pitch in where needed.
- DUTIES INCLUDE: Cleaning office and common areas, responding to guest requests, removing rubbish and general housekeeping duties.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Hard-working, team player; physically fit and able to lift heavy loads (up to 40lbs); WHIMIS certification preferred. Prior cleaning experience preferred, training will be provided.
Housekeepers / Housekeeper Assistants:
- DUTIES INCLUDE: Assist with the cleaning and freshening up guest rooms and vacation homes (check outs) as part of a team under the direction of the housekeeping supervisors. Pitching in where needed.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Hard-working, attention to detail, physically fit and able to work on your feet all. Prior housekeeping experience is beneficial but not always required.
… and many more!
IT’S EASY TO ENROL:
- Submit your resume and/or qualification details, see APPLY FOR JOB link below (you only need to do this once)
- Email email@example.com with your desired shifts and start times or call 604 905 4194 ext 1 to book your dates.
- Ensure we can reach you (check your email & keep your phone on)
- follow us on Facebook for updates: www.facebook.com/squamishjobs
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for each assignment. If you would like to talk to us about your application, please give us a call or drop us an email: 604 905 4194 ext1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.squamish-jobs.com.