TAG Panels Ltd delivers building solutions that are better for the Planet, it's People and our combined Future.
TAG Panels Inc. is searching for innovative and enthusiastic hands on people for the various roles from Manufacturing Helper to Wall Fabricators. It is an ideal opportunity for recent Trades graduates or career changers to join an actively immersive manufacturing – construction industry, where the concept of “sustainability” exists. Ideal for junior to senior level candidates looking to immerse themselves into the growing industry of sustainable building.
If “sustainability” is in your vocabulary, do not miss out on this opportunity. APPLY TODAY!”
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Full-time, long-term career opportunity
- Schedule is 40 hours a week with weekends off
- Competitive salary – negotiable based on experience.
- Manufacturing Helper starting around $23/hr +
- Entry level Framer/Wall Fabricators starting around $25/hr +
- Framers with 3+ years of experience starting around $30/hr +
- Red Seal Carpenters open to negotiation
- All wages are open to negotiation based on experience!
- Training provided – learn the way of building Facility Fabricated Wall systems and installing high-performance sustainable residential houses. new methods in constructing high-performance sustainable buildings!
- Opportunity to travel around BC to assemble panels on-site at various locations in the Sea to Sky & beyond.
- Work in a high end, warm and dry, 10 000 square foot facility.
- Generous referral program bonuses for employees $$.
- Tool allowance policy available.
- Extended Group Benefits.
- Retention and Reward Programs available.
- Monthly team lunches and gatherings with a fantastic, motivated team.
- Share TAG’s passion for building high-end sustainable buildings in Sea to Sky area.
- Be a part of an exciting and growing Squamish based company!
The Perfect Manufacturing Helper Candidate:
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail along with progressive problem solving skills.
- Proven 1+ years of carpentry/construction experience in residential/wood frame construction
- Apprenticeship Certificate is an asset
- Good understanding of carpentry techniques and methods
- Ability to read and follow architectural, blueprints and shop drawings accurately
- Strong understanding of energy efficient construction is an asset
- Sense of urgency and importance of project timelines
- Ability to follow direction and willingness to work with minimal supervision
- Physically fit with high endurance
The Perfect Wall Fabricator Candidate:
- Proven 3+ years of carpentry experience in residential/wood frame construction
- Journeyperson Ticket or Red Seal Certification is an asset
- Passive House Certification is an asset
- Ability to read, interpret and follow architectural, blueprints and shop drawings accurately
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Strong understanding of energy efficient construction
- Willingness to learn and apply knowledge of building houses
- Strong ability to work independently
- Good physical condition and endurance
- Experience working with metric and imperial systems
- Experience with CADWorks Software is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License beneficial
- Red Seal Ticket and ZEB Training are beneficial
The right candidate will work in the TAG Panels facility along with a team of like-minded framers, prefabricating wall panels, floor packages and roof panels.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Read shop drawings to produce panels, including walls, floors, and roofs
- Framing and insulating panels based on shop drawings
- Preparation and loading of panels for shipment
- Measuring and calculating the size and number of materials needed
- Lay out floorings and roofings ensuring they are levelled and compatible
- On-site installation of panels with the use of a crane
- Define and conduct deficiencies onsite
- Maintain safety and general up keep of work space
How to Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.squamish-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.squamish-jobs.com/simple_app
We will forward all applications directly to the employer for consideration. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.squamish-jobs.com.