COVID-19 UPDATE: WE ARE STILL HIRING AND ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
One of Squamish’s top employers is seeking a dynamic Financial Services Specialist to join their team for a 1-year leave coverage. Offering the potential for long-term within the finance department, a competitive wage plus plenty of support and team building events. Ideally suited for a designated CPA with 4 years’ experience in a similar role who is personable, organized, detail oriented and loves working within a collaborative team!
About the Role:
- Full-time, one-year leave coverage position with the potential for long-term.
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday – 8:00am to 5:00pm with flex days every other week.
- Competitive wage of $36.22 per hour.
- Positive and team-oriented work environment with supportive management.
- Opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization.
The Perfect Candidate:
- CPA designation or actively pursuing designation under the current program with a minimum requirement of the completion of the core modules.
- BA Commerce or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience at a senior accountant level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with customers in a professionally.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to provide encouragement and support to staff in a positive manner.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and experience working with financial database software and electronic cash receipting systems.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of and experience working with bylaws, regulations, statutes, and polices governing operations of local government financial services.
- Maintains confidentiality and complies with privacy legislations.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a strong analytical aptitude.
- Highly adaptable to administrative and technological changes.
- Performing accounting functions and assisting the Financial Services management team in the planning, direction, and control of the finance department.
- Follows company Customer Service Guidelines to ensure the Delivery of Outstanding Service.
- Providing accounting advice and assistance to client departments and management.
- Providing assistance and coverage to payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Maintaining the general ledger, monitoring and analyzing expenditures, and investigaging budgetary variances.
- Reviewing and approving journal entries, sub-ledger adjustments, and reconciliations.
- Preparing forecasts for cash management, investing, borrowing, and long range planning activities.
- Maintaining the tangible capital asset database.
- Maintaining financial records for development cost charges, latecomer, and other developer agreements.
- Assisting with the short- and long-term debt administration and investing activities.
- Providing administration for risk management including the coordination of insurance programs, claims administration, and providing advice and assistance to departments and senior management.
- Assisting with the preparation of operating and capital budgets.
- Preparing or reviewing interim financial statements and/or management reports as well as a variety of external statutory and compliance reports.
- Assisting Finance Managers with the year-end financial statement preparation.
- Reviewing financial business processes throughout the District and initiates or recommends improvements to achieve efficiencies and ensure strong financial internal controls.
- Maintaining the chart of accounts and assists with system security administration.
- Coordinating and participating in special projects for and on behalf of the department.
- Assisting Managers with the review, supervision and coordination of day to day operations of the Financial Services Department.
- Working closely with Finance Managers to set objectives and create strategies for Financial Services.
- Providing support to staff through training, sharing knowledge and helping trouble shoot challenging situations.
- Mentor and oversee the work of co-workers, providing feedback and suggestions in a professional and supportive manner.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.squamish-jobs.com/apply
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com