- Join this well established company offering growth opportunities.
Pacific West Systems Supply has an opening for a full-time, year-round delivery driver on their team. Offering scheduling flexibility with your choice of part-time or full-time plus a starting wage of $25 PLUS per hour . Suitable for an experienced driver with their Class 3 license who is safety conscious, organized and great with people.
- Schedule flexibility; option for PT or FT.
- Wage starting in the $25 PLUS per hour range depending on experience and license level.
- Extended health benefits including RRSP matching.
- Access to professional development training.
- Working within a fun and team-oriented environment.
- Long-term with growth opportunities within the company.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Experienced driver with clean abstract and safety oriented.
- Class 3 Drivers License or higher w/ Air brake endorsement.
- Experience and an understanding of the construction business, preferably in both commercial and residential, is an asset.
- Mechanical Aptitude an asset.
- Forklift Certification an asset (not required).
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must always act in a polite and professional manner.
- PPE must always be worn and is provided by company.
- A willingness to positively contribute to the team environment and positive corporate culture by passing on knowledge and experience and a flexible attitude towards work.
- Ability to operate transport vehicle, (Crane or flat deck)
to deliver goods.
- Maintain accurate safety inspection records & delivery
- Double check material on truck to paperwork for
- Check surrounding areas for potential dangers, issues
or warning signs before commencing unload.
- Safe loading of commercial and residential products.
- Maintain weight compliances both for truck and
- Perform pre-trip inspections on equipment checking
tires, lights, brakes, etc.
- Contact customer service if customer will experience
any delivery delays or issues.
- Occasionally will be responsible to load own truck,
must have second set of eyes to double check load for
- Check to make sure all safety equipment is readily
available onboard vehicle.
- Point out any damages or deficiencies to warehouse
supervisor at time of loading or mark down on delivery
log and advise customer service immediately.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.squamish-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.squamish-jobs.com/simple_app
- Please do not contact Pacific West directly; all applications must come through WPS to be considered.
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate and if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation. Click here for some resources to get you started: Whistler Advice and Helpful Links
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.squamish-jobs.com.