Website Squamish Personnel
- Great opportunity for someone that wants PT or potentially FT.
A local Squamish company providing avalanche expertise to organizations requiring risk assessment, mapping, engineering design and mitigation and more, is on the hunt for a Bookkeeper/Administrator to join their team. Ideally suited for a talented bookkeeper with 3+ years experience in full cycle accounting and looking to grow their career. Offering the opportunity to learn and grow, work within a great casual office environment and competitive wage starting at $25 per hour plus depending on experience.
- Part-Time, 24 hours per week with the potential to grow into full-time.
- Wage starting at $25 per hour plus depending on experience.
- Busiest times of the year are between October to June; great for someone that potentially wants a bit more time off over the Summer months.
- Profit Sharing Program is available.
- Extended health benefits/wellness benefit available after 3 months.
- Casual and welcoming work environment with an office located in downtown Squamish.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 3+ years experience in a bookkeeping position with full cycle accounting knowledge plus administrative abilities.
- Post secondary education in accounting or bookkeeping preferred.
- Experience with website management is beneficial.
- Administrative and/or clerical experience, computer file management.
- Motivated and driven; takes initiative and enjoys developing new processes and making things more efficient.
- Very strong attention to detail and a strong level of accuracy.
- Accounting software knowledge: Quickbooks Online, Oracle, SAGE.
- Computer Savvy with excellent MS Office (WORD, EXCEL) and related computer file management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able and not afraid to jump in where needed.
- Completing day to day bookkeeping, reconciling accounts, managing accounts payable and receivables, payroll, etc.
- Assisting field programs with logistics (purchasing, travel, etc.).
- Document management for the following:
- Ongoing project files
- Health and Safety program
- General record keeping
- Permitting and licenses
- Maintaining office supplies.
- Retrieving and Processing mail.
- Receiving and directing phone calls and emails.
- Maintaining company reputation by keeping administrative and all sensitive information confidential.
- Website management.
- IT and computer management support.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.squamish-jobs.com.