We have general construction and roofing labour shifts for an immediate start in Squamish and through-out the Sea to Sky. This is a great way to earn extra $income$ all season long and pays $20-$24/hour plus vacation pay!
EXAMPLES OF WORK ASSIGNMENTS AVAILABLE:
General Construction Labourers
- DATES: Pick the shifts you would like to work from our available dates. Dates vary per week. Completely flexible schedule.
- HOURS: Flexible start times – usually around 7am or 8am for 6-8 hours.
- LOCATION: Indoor and outdoor job sites in Squamish and Whistler
- DUTIES INCLUDE: Assisting with general labour tasks that may include moving of materials, furniture, rubbish and supplies plus basic construction tasks at variety of construction and landscaping sites. Involves physical labour and heavy lifting.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Physically fit, ready to work hard, able to lift heavy loads (30lbs) and be on your feet all day. Prior construction or work site experience beneficial.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS / REQUIREMENTS: STEEL TOED BOOTS OFTEN REQUIRED! Work gloves and hard hat are also beneficial.
General Labourers – Horseshoe Bay
- DATES: Starting asap. 3-5 days a week (you pick the days) for upto 6 weeks.
- TIMES: 7am-3:30pm
- LOCATION: Sewells Landing in Horseshoe Bay. *Carpooling from Squamish is available.
- DUTIES INCLUDE: Assisting with the unloading and transporting of tiles at a job site. Requires repeated heavy lifting (40-50lbs) for the duration of the shift and pitching in where needed.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Physically fit, ready to work hard, able to lift heavy loads (50lbs) and be on your feet all day.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS / REQUIREMENTS: STEEL TOED BOOTS AND WORK GLOVES REQUIRED!
- DRIVING / PARKING ALLOWANCE available for drivers ($35/day).
General Roofing Labourers
- DATES: Shifts available all summer on a regular basis.
- HOURS: 9am – 5pm, Monday-Friday (weather dependent).
- LOCATION: Outdoor job site in Squamish (Garibaldi Highlands)
- DUTIES INCLUDE: Assisting with general labour tasks that may include moving of materials, waste and supplies. Involves physical labour at height and heavy lifting.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Must be comfortable working at heights of 30′. Physically fit, ready to work hard, able to lift heavy loads and be on your feet all day. Prior construction or work site experience beneficial. Preference will be given to candidates who can commit to all 10 shifts.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS / REQUIREMENTS: Own fall protection gear is beneficial, though can be provided. You will need steel toed boots for ground work and runners/sneakers/comfortable shoes up on the roof.
Whistler Personnel uses a progressive pay system that awards pay increases based on number of Successful Shifts completed. The more you work with us, the more you get paid per hour!
LABOURERS with Steel-Toed Boots:
- Tier 1 = $20/hr to start plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 2 = $21/hr after 5 successful shifts plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 3 = $22/hr after 10 successful shifts plus 4% vacation pay
- +$2/hr SUPERHERO BONUS if called in for a last minute shift coverage.
Successful Shifts = be on time, work hard and make our clients happy. These can be in any temp position with Whistler Personnel.
- Submit your resume and/or qualification details, see APPLY FOR JOB link below (you only need to do this once)
- Email email@example.com with your desired shifts and start times
- Ensure we can reach you (check your email and keep your phone on)
- follow us on Facebook for updates: www.facebook.com/squamishjobs
WHY SIGNUP FOR TEMP WORK?
Perhaps you’re looking for supplemental income? Filling in time? Have one day, one week or one month to spare? Between seasonal work? Enjoy variety and flexibility? We can connect you with Whistler’s top employers and provide work that suits your skills, lifestyle and schedule.
Whistler Personnel has regular temp job opportunities for administrators, housekeepers, servers and bartenders. It’s a great way to pick up extra shifts during slower periods or days off. Submit your details to us including the type of work you want, the times and days you are available and the pay you require and we’ll notify you each time something suitable comes up.
COVID-19 UPDATE: We are still accepting applications for Temporary Positions. We are taking precautions to ensure that our team and those around them stay healthy. Read more here: www.whistler-jobs.com/work-safety-plan
To apply for this job please visit www.squamish-jobs.com.