Whistler and Squamish Personnel is on the hunt for a fabulous new addition to our core team. We are looking for someone who can assist with recruiting, interviewing, scheduling and coordinating our Temp Employees. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys a variety of HR, events, marketing and administrative tasks and likes the idea of a flexible schedule including opportunities to work from home.
We have big dreams for the future and are looking for someone as passionate and committed as we are to making them come true.
About the Role:
- Flexible part-time. 2-3 days / 10-15 hours per week (ideally Sun & Mon plus one other day).
- Hours of work are quite flexible and we encourage mid-day “fresh air” or yoga breaks.
- The role and the successful candidate will grow alongside Whistler Personnel (more hours, increasing responsibilities).
- Ongoing training and coaching will be provided.
- Flexible schedule that can work around other commitments.
- Opportunity to work from home (for now) or at our office once it’s safe.
- Additional work as a temp for WPS clients will be available often (as much as you can handle).
- Competitive wage starting in the range of $19 – $20/hour for a coordinator with potential for growth.
- Expense allowance for use of phone and laptop.
- Lifestyle Allowance towards ski or activity pass of your choice upon completion of 6 months.
- Opportunities for bonuses, profit sharing and advancement.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Excellent communication and people skills (hint: this is the most important qualification!)
- At least 3 years in an admin, marketing or human resources role.
- People management skills and experience are essential.
- Experience coordinating (aka: juggling) teams or events is the critical.
- Supervisory experience in hotels, restaurants or construction an asset.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and lots of good ideas.
- Knows how to focus on task and be efficient – especially when things get busy (as they tend to be!)
- Comfortable with making ‘cold calls’ / picking up the phone to talk to people (candidates, employers, references etc)
- Experienced with Google Docs and comfortable learning new software programs (computer savvy).
- Has own computer with cell phone and comfortable home work space.
- Very detail oriented and grammatically correct in written correspondence (can catch our spelling mistakes for us!)
- Demonstrated social media, networking and marketing talents are an asset.
- Enjoys working independently, a good prioritizer and self-starter.
- Assisting with the screening, hiring and scheduling for our temporary workers for weekly jobs and big events (hopefully soon!)
- Working with our clients to find a perfect candidates to match their business needs.
- Client and candidate communications (lots of emails and phone calls!)
- Lots of administrative duties including database updates, client newsletters and job alerts.
- Posting creative, eye-catching job postings to social media and countless job boards.
- Creative social media marketing for some of our clients.
- Contributing ideas and recommending process improvements to make the business more effective and efficient for our clients and candidates.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.squamish-jobs.com/apply
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at email@example.com with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.squamish-jobs.com.