Website Squamish Personnel
Our client is looking for an experienced Hospitality Manager to join their growing workforce accommodation and catering company to provide leadership, support and resources for our camp and lodging operations throughout Western Canada. Reporting to the President and Operations Manager, this position is responsible for providing sound hospitality and operational direction to enhance the output and efficiency of all team members in a remote multi-unit environment. The ideal candidate has strong background in hospitality with the leadership and management skills to grow and inspire people and teams.
About The Role:
- Full time position based in Squamish, BC.
- Competitive salary in line with experience.
- Periodic travel to facilities, approx 2-3 days per month.
- Additional on-call or evening and weekend support may be required.
The Perfect Candidate:
- University Degree or College Diploma in hospitality management, hotel management or related field.
- 5 years management experience in a multi-unit organization.
Knowledge of British Columbia and Alberta Food Safety Regulations and Camp Rules and Regulations.
- Advanced Food Safe certification, WHMIS and First Aid with CPR certification preferred (training can be provided).
- Experience with record keeping and reporting Safety Statistics
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and general computer literacy.
- Ability to handle pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines and maintain efficiency.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with strong leadership and work ethics.
- Possess a strong sense of professionalism, confidence, positive attitude and integrity.
- A desire to manage people in a diverse and challenging environment with focus on client services and staff retention.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to align operations with corporate goals and objectives.
- Ensures hospitality excellence for all workforce camps and lodges; provides support,leadership, and accountability for multi-unit operations.
- Act as a role model, embrace culture and support and practice corporate Guiding Principles.
- Selects, develops, trains, manages and leads team members.
Collaborates and communicates between camp operations and corporate team members, including but not limited to: Business Development, Finance, HR, Purchasing, Construction and Maintenance.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and systems to improve hospitality operations.
- Provides leadership relative to guest and staff satisfaction, client relations and overall financial performance.
- Assists Construction Managers and Maintenance Managers with capital improvement and R&M projects.
- Leads regular reoccurring team meetings to review status updates and guide the prioritization of existing and new initiatives.
- Develop, coach, and mentor direct reports through leadership and performance management. (sometimes by modeling hands-on problem solving, and other times coaching leadership skills).
- Actively manage the staffing ratios at all camps to ensure optimal performance and guest satisfaction.
- Organize, schedule and coordinate functions of camp start-ups and shutdowns.
- Assistance with budget development, on-going contract management and client and client relations.
- Review and approve purchase requests while maintaining financial expectations and budget requirements.
- Assist Food Service Manager, Maintenance Manager, and Human Resources to interview, hire, train, oversee, and manage performance.
- Collaboratively lead a consistent and cohesive camp and leadership program.
- Compliance, review and administration of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in the position.
- Ensure your resume and profile have been submitted on http://squamish-jobs.com/apply (you only need to do this once).
Qualified applications received for this role will immediately be forwarded to our client. Those chosen for interviews will be contacted directly by our client.
**IMPORTANT** By applying for this role, you are agreeing to allow Squamish Personnel Solutions to represent you to our client. Please do them the courtesy of replying to any emails or calls that you receive, promptly and professionally even if you are no longer interested in the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.squamish-jobs.com.