Website Squamish Personnel
- Make a difference as a Care Aide.
This well established local Squamish company offering comprehensive and personalized care services is looking for Care Aides that share their vision to join their team. Offering a rewarding career in the field, $20.00 per hour starting wage that increases based on performance, extended health and dental benefits plus an annual wellness benefit. Ideal for someone who has some experience in the field, and who is dedicated, compassionate and empathetic.
- Part-time and Full-time hours available; preference given to those who can work 20 hours per week at minimum.
- Must be available to work alternate weekends and in the evenings.
- Schedule: 8AM to 8PM with extended break in between busy times of the day.
- $20.00 per hour to start with potential for increases based on performance.
- Extended health and dental benefits available.
- Annual wellness allowance to spend on wellness activity of your choice.
- Team Building events and employee incentives (when safe to continue).
- Must have own reliable vehicle with driver’s license.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position working within a holistic care model is an asset. New grads are also welcome to apply!
- Certificate or Diploma from recognized Care Aide/Home Support Program is required.
- Licensed through the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry.
- Friendly, compassionate, patient and positive attitude.
- Demonstrates flexibility by changing routine to accommodate clients needs.
- Conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients, staff and management and collateral service providers.
- First Aid Certificate is an asset.
- Driver’s license & vehicle.
- Provide direct care, personal assistance and support to clients .
- Provide at home living independently, emotional support, one-on-one engagement and personalised services to clients and subsequently their families.
- Assisting clients with ADL’s.
- Transferring clients.
- Meal planning and preparation.
- Light housekeeping
- Interacting and engaging with clients.
- Encouraging clients to engage in activities e.g. physical exercise.
- Charting and recording observations.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.squamish-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: https://www.squamish-jobs.com/simple-app/
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.squamish-jobs.com.